“Today was awesome … Thank you for opening my eyes and sharing your beautiful stories.”
“I was so, so thankful for your level of openness … Your story moved me.”
“Excellent.” “Fantastic.” “Beautiful.”
Want to hear people saying these things at your next event?
Email caroline [at] awishcomeclear [dot] com to request a keynote, breakout session, interview, or presentation.
Speaking at TEDxBirmingham’s 2016 All Star Salon; photo credit Kate Rexrode Smith Photography
Caroline Garnet McGraw is an author, speaker, and coach for recovering perfectionists. She’s the creator of A Wish Come Clear, a community of thousands trading perfectionism for possibility.
Caroline is represented by literary agent Angela Scheff of The Christopher Ferebee Agency; a full-length book is forthcoming. Her writing has been featured on the front page of HuffPost Women (where her essay went viral), as well as on Momastery and other major websites.
Caroline has given two popular TEDx talks with 20,000+ views, as well as keynote presentations across the country. She’s the creator of The Clarity Course and The Confidence Course, online video interview series featuring top speakers such as Adam Grant, Amy Cuddy, Erin Falconer, and Samantha Arsenault Livingstone.
In addition to coaching with private clients, Caroline serves as a PACE Private coach for HeartCore Business, one of INC 5000’s fastest-growing companies. She also coaches for acclaimed composer, conductor, and recording artist Deborah Hurwitz’s Mission Accomplished group program.
#1 New York Times bestselling author Glennon Doyle says of Caroline’s work: “[It’s] totally freaking beautiful … Goosebumps. You are a SERIOUSLY good writer, sister. It’s my favorite- simple, clean, raw, kind and brave. LOVE.”
Radio / Short Bio
Caroline Garnet McGraw is the creator of A Wish Come Clear, an online community of thousands centered on trading perfectionism for possibility. She is represented by literary agent Angela Scheff of The Christopher Ferebee Literary Agency, and a full-length book is forthcoming. Caroline’s writing has been featured in major publications including The Huffington Post, Momastery, and Women For One, and she’s given two popular TEDx talks on perfectionism.
Past Speaking Engagements & Praise
Most requested keynote and workshop topics include:
- How to trade perfectionism for possibility
- How to make progress on your purpose
- How to gain clarity
- How to build confidence
- How to support autism families and siblings of individuals with autism
Sample Interview Questions
- As a recovering perfectionist, what are your top tips for others who are terrified of making a mistake?
- How do you define perfectionism?
- What are some common misconceptions people have about perfectionism?
- How can perfectionists grow their confidence and stop playing small?
- In your work as a coach, you help people make progress on their purpose. How do you help them get unstuck and move forward with their dreams?
- How did you come up with the name, “A Wish Come Clear”? What does it signify?
- You talk about Native American artisans who weave small, purposeful mistakes into their blankets. Why does this metaphor have profound meaning for you? How do we apply this idea to everyday life?
- Many of your pieces focus on the idea of spiritual homecoming; what’s your spiritual background, and how does that inform your writing?
- You’ve written a great deal about your brother, Willie, and how having a sibling on the autism spectrum and behavioral challenges has influenced you. What would you say to parents who are concerned about providing support to siblings such as yourself?
- What would you say to someone who thinks, “I can’t trust myself, I’m not good enough” … ?
Sample Video: Caroline’s TEDx talks
Keynote Presentation, Heart of L’Arche Fundraising Breakfast
April 25, 2018; over $135,000 raised to support people with intellectual and developmental disabilities